Emerging as a Word Class Institution for Forestry Education, Research, Management and Outreach.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry curriculum contains an integrated forestry syllabus in accordance with ICAR guidelines, the 1st & 2nd semesters comprises of basic and fundamental courses.Know More
Forest College and Research Institute, Hyderabad is established in 2016 with the objective of providing professional forestry education for the first time in the state of Telangana.Know More
B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
Duration: 4 Years
B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry curriculum contains an integrated forestry syllabus in accordance with ICAR guidelines. The 1st & 2nd semesters comprise of basic and fundamental courses, the 3rd & 4th semesters focus on principles, 5th & 6th semester deal with production systems, 7th and 8th semester aim at Skill and Entrepreneurship Development.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry, includes an innovative component called student READY (“Rural Entrepreneurship Awareness Development Yojana”) programme, an essential prerequisite for the award of degree to ensure hands on experience and practical training to students. The programme aims to reorient graduates of Forestry for ensuring and assuring employability and develop entrepreneurs for emerging knowledge in the field of Forestry.
Project Work & Dissertation
10 weeks (0+10 credit) to be taken up during the VIII semester.
- This course shall provide the B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry students a practical approach towards the design of research experiments (both lab-based and field-based), analysis and interpretation of data and technical writing skills.
- Each student shall work on a specific research project to be identified with the help of the supervising teacher.
- They shall also prepare and present a proposed plan of work (PPW) specifying the objectives and procedures of the study and present the same before an audience consisting of faculty and students.
- The research work will be conducted leading to the preparation of a project report in the format and style of M.Sc. thesis.
It helps the student in developing competence and capability to acquire skills, expertise, and confidence to start their own enterprise and to become job creators instead of job seekers. Any one of the modules (0+10 credits) to be taken up during VIII semester:
- Production and Marketing of high value forest produce
- Raising Quality Planting Materials for forest regeneration
- Apiculture/Sericulture/Mushroom cultivation
- Wild Animal Health Management
Student Ready Programme
The term READY refers to “Rural Entrepreneurship Awareness Development Yojana”. Important components of Student READY programme are:
- Forestry Work Experience (FoWE)
- Experiential Learning (EL)
- Project Work & Dissertation
Forestry Work Experience (FoWE)
This is a programme designed to provide the students a first hand learning experience on various aspects of forest range management, administration, ecosystem structure and functioning, wherein the students closely interact with forest officials and also to accompany them on routine missions such as raids, patrols, perambulation, executing warrants, serving summons, apprehending poachers and other offenders etc. During this time, they are also actively engaged in various other forestry operations and industrial exposure. The students spend about 24 weeks during the VII semester with (0+20) credit hours. The program envisages:
- Watershed Village attachment
- Urban Forestry attachment
- Forest Range attachment
- Wildlife attachment
- Industrial attachment
- Institution visits to government / non-government organizations
- Forest visits
- Visit to sanctuaries
- National park
- Visit to different ecosystems / landscapes
- On-Farm interactions
- Wildlife Census
- Visits to forest-based industry
- Telangana state
- South India
- All India
- Short visits to industrial units, farm lands etc.